Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don’t Stink!

Every day a chemical compound called carbon dioxide (CO2) is produced and released into the air.  If it isn’t removed, it can become toxic for humans. Fortunately, there are a number of places where CO2 is absorbed (removed from the air). Two of the most common places are forests and oceans. They are called ‘carbon sinks’ because, like a sink, they gather, clean and drain things away that we don’t want. One of the largest carbon sinks in New Zealand is a forest in the south-western part of the South Island. It drains away 60% of our unwanted carbon!
Let’s imagine that you could design a sink that could gather up and then drain away any foods that you don’t like. On your blog, tell us what you would put in your special sink. If it was me, I would put rice pudding, brussel sprouts, custard, parsnips, and seafood chowder in the sink. Yuck! What about you?
On your blog, list all of the foods that you would put in your special draining sink..
Brussel sprouts
Asparagus
Chilli
Capsicum 
Peanut Butter (Crunchy & smooth)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    It is sad to see some of my favourite food going down your sink! I love peanut butter, capsicum and chilies.

    I totally understand why you might not be a fan of chilies because some of them are way too spicy to handle. I personally do not like to have chilies on its own but sometimes if I put chili flakes in my dishes it just gives it an extra kick of flavour.

    Now that I know your least favourite food, can you tell me your TOP 3? Let me know whether if you like to have desserts after your meal. I have a sweet tooth so I love to have ice-cream or even tea as a palette cleanser after my meal!

    Talk to you soon,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Alex,


    Well done for completing this activity. I finished this activity too. It's great to see you completing these activities during these summer holidays. Thanks for sharing your learning about this activity. Did you enjoy doing this task? I agree with the foods that you are putting in your special sink.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.