Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Activity 2: The Plastic Pledge

Over the past few decades some of New Zealand’s beaches have become dumping grounds for waste and rubbish. Almost 80% of this waste is made up of plastic items. Yikes!
Some companies in New Zealand have heard about the problem and agreed to cut down on their use of plastic. Countdown supermarkets, for example, have announced that they will stop giving out plastic bags to customers.  What do you think of this idea? What do your friends and family think? Is it a good idea or not?
For this activity, please ask one member of your family and/or a friend what they think about Countdown’s decision to go ‘plastic bag free.’
On your blog, tell us what they think about Countdown’s decision to stop using plastic bags
I asked my brother Daniel and he said that it was a good idea to stop plastic bags from flying everywhere and choking sea creatures and animals, and my Mum said that it's a start for stopping or getting rid of pollution.

4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alex,

    Hopefully you are fimiliar with me now. But My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School.

    First of all congratulations on the amazing post.

    I like how you decided to ask your family and I do agree with your brother I think it is a good idea to stop plastic I also agree with your mum it is good for getting rid of pollution but I also think it's good because it can stop killing our sea animals.

    What do you think?

    Maybe you could have added a few picture.

    anyways keep up the amazing work.

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex,

    Your family is smart! It is a good start to cleaning up the planet, and getting rid of pollution. Anything that stops killing our sea animals is great too.

    What does your family do for your shopping now?
    I take my own bag but half the time I forget it!

    Take care Alex!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Alex,


    Well done for completing this activity. I finished this activity too. It's great to see you completing these activities during these summer holidays. Thanks for sharing your learning about this activity. Did you enjoy doing this task? Daniel's idea is great. My mother's idea was a bit similar to Daniel's idea. I agree with him, because most people love to buy bags and then put it in the rubbish one they finish packing their groceries.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Alex,
    I agree with your mother and brother about the plastic bags being banned.Do you agree with your mother and brother?
    Ka Pai , Keep up the great blogging! :)
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.