Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Activity 3: Picture Perfect

While New Zealand is home to some beautiful waterfalls, there are a number of stunning waterfalls in places like Canada and South Africa. In Canada, the largest waterfall is called Niagara Falls. It sits on the border between Canada and the United States of America. Thousands of tourists flock (go) to Niagara Falls every year to see the falls and to have their picture taken in front of this natural wonder. Over the past few years people have started taking ‘selfies’ and posting them online. Do you ever take selfies?
For this activity, choose one of the following three selfies. From left to right: Selfie #1, Selfie #2, Selfie #3







On your blog, write a short story about what you think is happening in the picture. Be sure to tell us where you think the people are and what you think they were doing at the time that they stopped to pose for the selfie. To earn full points, the story must be 8 – 10 sentences long.

There I was, for some reason taking a selfie high above the roof tops of smaller houses, I'd fearlessly climbed up to the ledge and now proceeded to take my selfie. I was just a tourist who'd arrived in the city a few days ago and had quickly scoured the city for interesting or exciting activities, and this was one of them. One of my friends had made a bet that I wouldn't climb up to the ledge and take a selfie, and then my other friends chimed in on it and decided to up the odds that I wouldn't, so I naturally wanted to prove them wrong. After I'd taken my selfie I decided to let my friends keep their money if they went up and took selfies themselves, two of them took the offer but the remaining 3 didn't. Since I'd only taken some selfies from one angle I decided to move from one side of the building to the other. When I'd finished taking photos from every good angle of the building I hopped down from the ledge and walked to my friends. Later on, just to be daring I decided to take selfies on every single tall building in the city. After that I went to my hotel and had some well deserved rest.












*None The The Things Above Actually Happened*

2 comments:

  1. Hi again Alex,


    Well done for completing this activity. I finished this activity too. It's great to see you completing these activities during these summer holidays. Thanks for sharing your learning about this activity. Did you enjoy doing this task? Why?I love the image that you have added. Nice story. I enjoyed reading this story so much. It helped me understand what was really going on in this city.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Alex,

    Georgia here, from the Kaikohekohe (Northland) cluster! You will be seeing me and Dani floating around your cluster today, because you guys are so busy. It is awesome to see how much effort and enthusiasm you guys are putting into your blog posts, keep this up!

    Well done on creating a short story that was SO fun to read! Do you enjoy writing in schools? You sound really adventurous and even a bit daring in this story! I really like the part where you wanted to prove a point but ended up letting you friends keep their money anyway. This shows your character is also kind! You definitely deserve a rest, even after writing this piece!

    What city do you think this is set in? Let me know.

    Blog you later!
    Georgia E

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.