Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Activity 1: Scaling New Heights

Aotearoa New Zealand is a country of mountains and valleys, dense forests, and sparkling oceans. At the centre of the South Island sits the tallest mountain in the country, Aoraki Mt Cook. It is the place where Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to reach the top (summit) of Mt Everest, learned how to climb mountains. It was pretty difficult for him, at first, but Sir Edmund Hillary did not give up and, in 1953, he achieved this dream of climbing Mt Everest. His face can now be found on the New Zealand $5 note!
Let’s imagine that you met Sir Edmund Hillary in real life and were able to interview him.

On your blog, post five questions that you would like to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life.


I would ask Sir Edmund Hillary:

What did it feel like to be at the top of Mount Everest?
When did you reach the top?
Did you have any near-death experiences?
What was the first thing you did when you got to the top?
Would you climb Mount Everest again?

3 comments:

  1. Hello again Alex, thank you for crafting and sharing five different questions that you would ask Sir Edmund Hillary during an interview. I am sure, if he was still alive, that he would happily sit down and have a chat with you.

    I like the questions that you have written, particularly the ones that focus on the feelings he experienced when climbing and reaching the summit. It must have been a remarkable feeling standing on top of the world, especially being the first person to do so. What do you think he would have done once he reached the top? I think I would have screamed as loud as I could, then rotated to take in the surrounding views. I wonder how long he stayed at the top.

    Would you like to climb mountains, Alex?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia Ora Alex,

    Well done for completing this activity. I finished this activity too. It's great to see you completing these activities during these summer holidays. Thanks for sharing your learning about this activity. Did you enjoy doing this task? Why? The image of Sir Edmund Hillary is great. My favourite question would be Q4. I'd love to know what did he do.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, my name is Luseane and i was a student at Wesley Primary School in room 4.

    I really like how you added interesting questions to ask Edmund Hillary.

    This reminded me of when i did this activity.

    A quick reminder is the question asked you to ask questions about his LIFE.

    If you would like, my blog is http://wpsluseanem.blogspot.com/
    Thanks For Reading

    Blog You Later!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.