Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Activity 1: A Flying Fox

New Zealand has some of the most beautiful forests in the world. Both New Zealanders and tourists, alike, enjoy walking through these forests. Unfortunately, constantly walking through forests can damage the plants and animals (flora and fauna) that live there. In an attempt to protect the local flora and fauna, an eco-tourism company in Rotorua came up with an idea. The Rotorua Canopy Tours Company designed a series of ziplines that sit above the forest canopy (top). People can ‘zip’ from one section of the forest to another, looking down on the beautiful natural areas below. To see what ziplining looks like, check out this video.
I have tried ziplining and I really enjoyed it, however, I must admit that I was pretty scared to try it at first. How would you feel if you had the chance to go ziplining in Rotorua?
On your blog, tell us how you would feel about going ziplining in Rotorua. Try to use some descriptive words (adjectives) and action words (verbs) in your post!.
I think I would do alright at ziplining but I'm not a heights person so I might just be terrified for the whole trip, the one part that I think I'd like is the high speeds that I'd been going at and unless they advise against it I'd want to spin around and hold my arms out.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    I am also scared of heights which means ziplining in Rotorua would not be a pleasant experience for me. I do enjoy the thrill but I would not be able to open my eyes on the zip-line which loses its whole purpose; to look at the beautiful view!

    Spinning around and holding my arms out would not even be an option for me. You are so brave! Do you think you will ever go for extreme activities such as bungee jumping or skydiving? Some of my friends who have skydived have all recommended it to me saying that it will be an unforgettable experience... Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to JUMP!

    Have an awesome week,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Alex,


    Well done for completing this activity. I finished this activity too. It's great to see you completing these activities during these summer holidays. Thanks for sharing your learning about this activity. Did you enjoy doing this task? It's great to hear that you want to try something out, because I've been to the skyline and luge, but not the skyline. I have seen people doing it in reality. I'd like to try doing this too.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex,
    I am the same as you, I am a little bit afraid of heights as well. It would be so cool to go to Rotorua to go zip lining. Have you ever been to Rotorua before?
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.