Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey: Week 4 Day 4

For this activity, please read this article about where some famous New Zealand brands got their names from. Brand names are very important to companies as this is how they are known.

On your blog, tell us how Twenty Seven Names got their name. Looking at their clothing brand, tell us whether you think this is a good name for them, or if they should change it to something else! 


Twenty Seven Names got their brand name from the amount of people that helped the company grow, I think it's a bit of an odd name, but it pays homage to the work that those 27 people did in order to create the company. Therefore I don't have any issues with it.

For this activity please create your own tapa cloth design. You can draw your design on paper or using a drawing app such as Google Draw.

On your blog, post an image (photo or screenshot) or your tapa design and describe what each part of your picture represents (means).




For this activity, take a look at the Christchurch street art website and choose two different pieces of artwork. Look carefully at both pieces of art, and identify similarities and differences between the two.

On your blog, post screenshots of the two different pieces of art that you have chosen. Below the pictures tell us about the similarities and differences that you see in the two pieces of street art.


Similarities: 
Both pieces of art have words.
There's a lot of background detail on both pieces of art.
Differences:
There's only one word in one, and a whole sentence in the other.
One has clouds and a blue sky as the background, the other has a type of black liquid twisting around.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alex,

    Great post, I love seeing lots of interesting visual elements in post like this.

    Activity 1: Fashion forward

    You've given your opinion very clearly and have thought about there reasoning. I thought it was quite an odd name too when I first saw the activity but I think you put it brilliantly when you said it pays "homage" to there original supporters who helped lift there business off the ground.

    Activity 2: Try Your Own Tapa

    This is a really cool design. Maybe a simple boarder around it would be nice. What do you think?

    For this task you need to also share what your design means and how those meanings are important to you. This design is awesome but I need a bit more for you to get the full points, I hope you repost this activity soon so you don't miss out.

    Activity 3: Top Secret Street Art

    Good observations with the street art. I really like the black cracking or lighting behind the sentence in the first one but I think the second one might still be my favourite because of the coloured clouds. What's your favourite?

    Nice work Alex. See you in the comments.

    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex! I really like the way you've done your activities, it's definitely a lot more efficient than doing it one at a time. Although, it does make it a little difficult to comment on each one...I'll give it a go - You have a really good understanding of how "Twenty-Seven names" got their name, as well as the meaning behind it. I think the name of a company/business says a lot about them, although I do agree when you say you don't have an issue with it. And you're tapa design looks really cool, almost like a hook! What does it represent? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alex,
    It is Vitaraag here again! Are you having an extraordinary day? I sure am! I really enjoyed reading this blog post! Let me explain why I like it. Firstly, you explained in detail how Twenty Seven Names got their name. Secondly, you added a lot of similarities and differences. I am terrible at art. I think each time I learn something about art I get better at it, but just slightly. Maybe next time you could explain what this tapa cloth represents. Overall, this is a phenomenal blog post! Keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.