Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey: Week 4 Day 5

For this activity, watch this video of their award winning performance. What do you like about the performance? What did the dance crew do well? What could they work on?

On your blog, write a review of The Royal Family performance. Please talk about the dance, dancers, costumes, and the music. What did you like? What didn’t you like as much? What do you think could have been improved?


I found the dance performance a bit odd (No offence to the dancers). Some of the dance moves (Like the pelvic thrusting) just seemed a bit weird to me. I've no problem with the music, it's just not the kind that I listen to. I did like the back-flip one guy did, and I don't know what could be improved.

For this activity, please choose your favourite inspirational quote from this website. Create a text graphic using this quote.

On your blog, share your text graphic and underneath it, explain what it means to you.

I think that this quote is telling people to live their lives as well as they can.

For this activity, please reflect on your experience with the Summer Learning Journey programme this year.

On your blog please tell us:
Which activity you enjoyed the most

I liked doing the venn diagram activity because I learnt a bit more about Amelia Earhart and Jean Batten.
Which activity you enjoyed the least
I can't say that I liked the story writing activities since I don't really like writing stories.
Three things that you learned while completing the programme
I learnt that the clothing brand Twenty-Seven-Names got their name from the people that started the company.
I also learnt that Shakespearean English is a lot different from today's English.
Einstein helped with the creation of a type of fridge.
What changes/improvements you would make to the programme for next year
Maybe don't do the teaser week, or if you do, grant points (Even just a small amount per day) for completing the activities. Personally, I didn't even bother with them (And I'm pretty sure lots of others did the same) because there was no point in doing so.

4 comments:

  1. Well done on posting, continuing to participate and completing the SLJ this year. What could you do to be a climate changemaker Alex? Keep re-checking your blogging and commenting on others and responding to ALL comments on your blog to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break! Best of luck at college...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex,

    I’m Daniel, a SLJ blog commenter for the Kootuitui school but I’ve jumped on your schools to check out your awesome posts and give the Manaiakalani team a helping hand with commenting.

    Well Done for completing all the tasks in such a short amount of time! I look forward to reading through all your posts.

    Bear with me this'll be a long comment so I can touch on the three activities you've done in this post.

    Activity 1: Dancing queens

    I like how you've given your opinion is a clear way and have been honest with your thoughts with a clear example of what you didn't like and found weird. I think I'd have to agree with you. I didn't particularly like the style either.

    I'm glad you could still pick out a moment you really did like, the back-flip was impressive, I can definitely appreciate the amount of effort that went into t and they are very skilled to dance in-sync with each other and the music.

    Activity 2: En Pointe

    I quite like this post too and I you've explained it well. It's short and simple but the message is deep and important; learn from the mistakes/successes of the past, focus on what you can do well today and think of tomorrow with hop and reach for a better life. That's how I think of it.

    The picture is good to especially to break up all your text with an image, making your post a lot nicer to read.

    Activity 3: Concluding the Journey

    This is great feedback for the SLJ organisers to think about, thank you for your honesty and opinion. I think giving a few points for the teaser week is a great idea, I definitely think more students would participate from the start if that were true.

    Great stuff Alex, I'll see you in the comments.

    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alex! Congratulations on completing the Summer Learning Journey activities, and like Daniel said, in such a short amount of time. Which is quite impressive, having already done a bit of comments as well! I like your answer for the last question "What changes/improvements you would make to the programme for next year". It would be a very smart idea, as I'd rather just start with the activities (being someone very familiar with the programme). But if the teaser week was meant to be something for new and inexperienced participants to learn more about the programme, then I don't think we shouldn't have it but still be something we can choose to do. A really good reflection over all, good luck with the rest of your journey Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Alex,
    My name is Vitaraag and I am participating in the Summer Learning Journey this year! I think you are familiar with me because you have commented on my blog before. Thanks for doing that! I really like how you explained in detail why you did and didn't like the dance performance. Albert Einstein did a lot for the world! I really like how you added an image of him in the back round. Congratulations on completing the whole Summer Learning Journey. You have accomplished such a big achievement. Did you enjoy the Summer Learning Journey? I did. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.