Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey: Week 3 Day 5

For this activity please watch this video about the Pasifika Aquabots competition that was held in Nelson. The students had to navigate their Aquabots around a swimming pool, collecting things and visiting different ‘islands.’

On your blog, tell us whether you would like to join an Underwater Robotics team at your school. Why or why not?


I don't think I would want to join an Underwater Robotics team because, although robotics is fun and I could hang around with my friends doing it, I'd rather play sports and focus on my main subjects.

For this activity we would like to know about your favourite game. It can be a board game, a card game, a game that you play outside with friends (e.g., rugby) or a quiet game that you play by yourself.

On your blog, tell us about your favourite game. What is it called? How do you play it?


My favourite game is probably CS:GO, it's an FPS game with different game-modes like search and destroy, in search and destroy one team plays the terrorists and the other plays the counter-terrorists. The terrorists' goal is to plant the bomb and defend it until it explodes, the counter-terrorists' goals is to defuse the bomb before it explodes. Both teams can win by killing all of the opposing side. 

For this activity, choose one person and read all about them.

On your blog, provide us with:
The name of the person
A description of the work they do/have done
An explanation of how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of others


The person that I chose is Albert Einstein, he was a German physicist who developed the theory of relativity, which is considered one of the two pillars of modern physics. His work on the atomic bomb contributed a lot to the discovery of nuclear power. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex,

    Activity 1: Ministry of Inspiration

    Fair enough. Great to see you gave clear reasons and were honest about your interest. It's great that you could still pick out a positive and consider it as well as thinking of negatives before settling on a decision.

    Always good to branch out and give things a go though and not Just stick to your main subjects. All the subjects you consider normal are all the foundations for a plethora of fields of study and expression.

    Activity 2: Caine’s Arcade

    I play quiet a lot of games but I haven't played CS:GO before. I'm not really too into FPSs but I have watched videos of it played and you have done a great job explaining the main game-play. Great stuff.

    Activity 3: Choose your own

    Wow you picked some great information hear that I found really interesting. I didn't know he contributed to the idea that would lead to the Manhattan project and the atomic bomb. I don't think he worked on it though. This is a short but good post Alex. I like the line about the two pillars of modern physics, I'm not sure where you got it from but I think it leaves our audience curious to explore the other pillar, which at a guess i would say is Hawkings. But I'm curious myself now and will have to do some research.

    See you in the comments.

    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.