Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey: Week 4 Day 3

For this activity, we would love to know more about your interests (passions) and your future plans. What do you think that you would like to do when you are older? Do you have a specific job in mind?

On your blog, please tell us about your future plans (i.e. what you plan to do when you finish high school or college). Would you prefer to start working right away or to continue with your studies?

When I finish college I'd like to continue with my studies because the higher educated you are, the more money you can make. I would probably take a part-time job like the one I have now and use that to make enough money for bills. I don't really have a specific job in mind, but I have thought about a few: An engineer, a surgeon, a lawyer or an accountant.

For this activity, imagine that you had the chance to write your own movie. What would it be about? Who would be your main characters? What are the important events that would take place?

On your blog, provide a synopsis (overview) of your movie. In particular, tell us the name of your movie, the main events that take place in your movie and the names of the main characters. If you wish, you could do this as a storyboard.

If I could create a movie, I'd want it to be set in the past (ie; roman empire) and follow the story of a family of assassins that travel around killing targets. The family would get caught by an elite group of soldiers and only the son would survive. The boy (Whose name could be Maximus or something related to the time period that the movie is set in) would then be enslaved and sold to a wealthy man who forces the protagonist to fight in an arena as a gladiator (The type of warrior depends on when the story is set). He befriends a fellow slave (Comic relief) and during his first fight, he meets the daughter of the wealthy man (Love interest). All three teenagers escape together and go on the run...
That's a pretty vague idea for a movie but I couldn't really think of names and the setting the story should be in. 

For this activity, we would like to know if you would consider doing a 20 or 40 Hour Famine to raise money for charity.

On your blog, tell us whether, or not, you would participate in 20 or 40 Hour Famine. If you have already participated in a 20 or 40 Hour Famine, please share your experience, including why you decided to participate and some highlights and challenges of the experience. To get full points, please provide at least six sentences.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't do a 20-40 hour famine unless it was for a charity that meant something to me. For example; a family member has a condition or illness, so I would do the famine in order to raise money for them. Also, if I was to do a 20-40 hour famine, I wouldn't really know what to get rid of or stay away from. Overall I probably wouldn't want to do a 20-40 hour famine because a: I'm not famous, and b: I'd rather be doing things that are a bit more productive (Like studying). Although i wouldn't do a 20-40 hour famine, I would donate to others who are depending on the charity and what they were getting rid of. For example: I'd be a lot more likely to donate to a charity for cancer or leukaemia than something for pandas. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex,

    Lots of great work in this post. Let's get to it, shall we.

    Activity 1: Talk Show Host

    That's great that you have already thought about carrying on your studies after high school. That's cool to hear you already have a part-time job. What do you do? Those all sound like great jobs to pursue. I reckon just keep tacking the subjects you enjoy the most and find a job that you love.

    I hope your first college school year has a great start and you get used to the new school quickly. My piece of advise would be to make sure the friends you make are good for you and that you don't worry you'll get used to it quicker than you think.

    Activity 2: Plot Points

    I think you've got a really cool idea for a movie. It's actually quite detailed rather than vague. I love history and especially the roman era so I'd be really interesting in seeing a movie like that. Have you read the Gladiator books by Simon Scarrow? I think you'd like them.

    Activity 3: Feast or Famine

    A lot of students have gotten a bit confused on this task. Have you heard of the 40 hour famine before? They often run it through schools as well and have definitely done it through Papakura schools before. You don't have to be famous, it's usually done by committing to not eat food, not having shelter or not having electricity or all three so you can get a feel for how some people live across the world. Then people support you with money and you donate it so less people around the world have to live like that.

    I like how you've explained which charities you'd be more likely to support and have given lots of detail even though your answer is 'probably not'.

    See you in the comments.

    Daniel :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.