Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey: Week 1 Day 2

For this activity, compare and contrast these two aviators. You could use this venn diagram.

On your blog, share your comparison between the two women and be sure to include at least three similarities and three differences between these two aviators.


For this activity, let’s imagine that you were Neil Armstrong.

On your blog, write a short poem describing how you felt when you first set foot on the moon. Here is a link to some different poetry forms.

When I first set foot on the moon
I jumped and floated like a balloon
It didn't feel like cheese at all
In fact, it felt like a stone wall
But I don't mind at all.

For this activity, we would like to hear about a time when you, or someone you know, was brave like Sully.

On your blog, recount a time when you (or someone else you know) did something brave.


When I was little, my grandparents had a dog called Dash. Dash stopped my oldest brother from going behind a cow and getting kicked in the head, and she stopped me from running out of my grandparent's house and into the paddock.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Alex

    Thanks for clarifying how you managed to complete the whole programme in one day! That's really impressive, how long did that take you?

    I'm going to comment on your response to activity 3, Miracle on the Hudson - it sounds like Dash was the hero of the day here. I have a dog called Bella and she's quite a grumpy pooch, but I like to think that she'd stand up for me if the situation ever came to.
    As a matter of fact I can think of a time when she did - my partner and I were walking down the road in Adelaide (it was a pretty dodgy area to be fair) and we had Bella with us. A strange looking man was crossing the road and he came toward us, but Bella scared him away because she started barking at him.

    What breed is Dash and are they still around?

    Cheers
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.