Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey: Week 1 Day 3

For this activity, let’s imagine that you could be a superhero for a day. What three superpowers would you most like to have?

On your blog, please list the three superpowers, tell us why you have chosen each one, and tell us what you are going to do with them.


1. The ability to create items from nothing, so I could give things to people.
2. The ability to manipulate objects, so I change the way things look or move them.
3. Invisibility: So I can disappear whenever I want.

For this activity, we would like you to imagine that you had the chance to interview LeBron James, Steven Adams or another basketball player of your choice.

On your blog, tell us who you would interview and then provide a list of five questions that you would like to ask your chosen player.


I'd interview Michael Jordan and ask him these questions:
1. How long did you practice everyday when you played?
2. Do you think you could come back into the NBA and still score points?
3. Do you still consider yourself "good" at basketball?
4. Would you want to play basketball professionally again?
5. When did you first start playing basketball?

For this activity, choose a friend or family member and ask them what their dream job would be. Please then brainstorm six ways in which you could support them in achieving their dream job.

On your blog, present your ideas as a poster or infographic.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Alex,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I really like your superpower ideas. It sounds like you're planning on becoming a superhero... am I right? If you could be a superhero and have ONE superpower, what would it be? I know. It's a hard question.

    If I had to choose one, I'd choose teleportation. Imagine being able to get up in the morning JUST before you needed to be somewhere, and you could teleport there?! How handy :)

    Have you thought about adding images to your post? I'd love to see what you come up with :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.