Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Activity 1: Persistent Pollution

In 2016, the World Health Organisation announced that Timaru, a small town in the South Island of New Zealand, had the highest recorded levels of air pollution in New Zealand. Some of this pollution was caused by natural events (eg. fires) but most of it was produced (made) by humans.
Watch this short video on air pollution. It will tell you more about natural and human causes of pollution.
On your blog, share three new things that you learned about air pollution from this video
1.Air pollution consists of chemicals or particles in the atmosphere.
2.There are different types of human made air pollution.
3.Climate change increases Smog, Mold, and Pollen.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alex,
    Well done for completing another task on the Summer Learning Journey. I hope you enjoyed your summer break. I really enjoyed reading your blog posts. I really like how you choose to write your answers on a blog post. I really like how you wrote your positive and thoughtful answers. I agree with you. My favorite answer is number 1 because I didn't know air pollutions come from human as well.

    What's your favorite question?

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete

  2. Kia Ora Alex,


    Well done for completing this activity. I finished this activity too. It's great to see you completing these activities during these summer holidays. Thanks for sharing your learning about this activity. Did you enjoy doing this task? You have learnt great things from this video. I learnt lots too. It's great to see you caring about your learning. I am sure that you'd love to tell me more about this video.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon Alex,

    Did you enjoy watching the video about air pollution? It was pretty interesting to find out that natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions can also be a cause of air pollution. I can see that you have mentioned the word 'man-made' on one of your facts - can you perhaps give me a couple of examples of how we have contributed?

    Also, think about how how greenhouse gasses, smog, and toxic pollutants have affected climate change. Did this start to harm humans in any way? How?

    I hope to hear back from you soon,
    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.