Pages

Tuesday 3 October 2017

Holiday Reading Challenge Day 4 Activity 1

Today I did the first activity of day four for the school holiday reading challenge, for it I had to find out about what life was like as an ANZAC soldier. I also had to find three facts and explain why I found them interesting.
1. The whole reason as to why the war happened is because Franz Ferdinand and his wife were assassinated in Serbia. I found this interesting because it shows that one death can mean many.
2. Over 44,00 ANZAC troops died because they missed the intended landing spot, they landed in a cliff where huge guns decimated their lines. I found this interesting because it shows that one mistake could cost thousands of lives during the war.
3. The ANZAC troops trained in Egypt. I found this interesting because it's so far away from New Zealand and Australia, therefore they must've been homesick.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alex
    Great job on finding those three facts. If Franz Ferdinand hadn't have been assassinated, the war would never have started. Keep up the great work.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.