Pages

Sunday 31 December 2017

Holiday Reading Challenge Week 2 Day 4 Bonus Activity

Today I did the bonus activity for the fourth day of the second week, for it I had to continue a story from a point that it was started off at.

One day you are walking along the deck of the ship when you hear a loud bang. You start to run as you see smoke coming from the far end of the ship. You run towards the room where your patients are waiting to receive treatment from the doctor. Just as you arrive at the door to their room you hear another loud bang and you…

One day you are walking along the deck of the ship when you hear a loud bang. You start to run as you see smoke coming from the far end of the ship. You run towards the room where your patients are waiting to receive treatment from the doctor. Just as you arrive at the door to their room you hear another loud bang and you quickly rush towards the area that the smoke is emerging from, while there you see other nurses rushing towards the scene as well. The reason being because there is a hole in the boat and people are frantically trying to leave the ship, they're jumping off the boats just to try and escape but not before checking to see if they're going to jump into oil that's in the water. You take one last look back at the smouldering remains of the boat and then close my eyes and jump.

Many hours later you come to your senses with several others looking at you, it seems that you're in one of the lifeboats. One other passenger says "You've had quite the head knock, just before you landed a piece of the ship broke and travelled far enough for you to knock your head on it." And with that you fall asleep only to wake on a destroyer later on, you then sail back to England and after a short time's rest you board another medical ship set to sail to Dunkirk.

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alex,

    You have created a fantastic story!! Such a thriller! Great use of vocabulary. Smouldering, frantically, emerging. All great words to use. I was so engaged reading this story! Oh wow! I wish I could read more!

    I bet the character from your story had the worst headache after knocking himself out. I came of my bike when I was younger and knocked myself out but I don’t remember much of it.

    Have you ever been on a large ship like the one from your story? I was able to visit the NZ navy ship when I was at school on a trip.

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Alex,
    I've done this task too. I really love the way you've written your story. Even though we have different stories from each other I still love the one you wrote. Have you ever been on a big boat? Next time you should add a image on.
    Nice Work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Alex
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. Your continuous story is great. I like how you included real places in the story - it made it seem more realistic. Keep up the awesome work Alex!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.