Pages

Thursday 14 December 2017

The Night Before Christmas Poem Remake

LI: To recreate a famous poem.
This week for writing we had to do a remake of The Night Before Christmas, it could have a kiwi style to it as well as a personal aspect. The poems didn't need to be that long so mine is short because I couldn't really find that many more syllables or rhyming words to kind of match the original.

‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not an item was
stirring, not even Mum’s blouse. The socks were stuck right under the door,
just to keep
Santa's gumboots off of the floor.


The children were nestled with a bug in their beds,
while visions of presents flowed through their heads;
And Mum hopped into her Pj’s and me in mine,
whilst Dad had just settled down for some wine.

When out in the bush I heard a little bang, I sprang from my bed just like an orangatang.
Off to the window I leapt in a flash, opened up the locks and threw the curtains with
a bash.
It turned out to be a man in gumboots running across the lawn, with a bag on his back
and sheep by his side, he winked at me and increased his stride.
I then fell fast asleep, from some magical spell, but I’m sure that I heard him say
one more line as loud as a bell;
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.