Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Holiday Reading Challenge Day 2 Activity 1

Today I did day 2 activity 1, for this activity I had to compare a Maori house to my house by having two similarities and two differences.

Similarities:

1: My house and the Maori house have a roof and walls.
2: My house and the Maori house have a door and windows.

Differences:

1: My house and the Maori house are different because a Maori house has carvings made out of wood all over it.
2: My house and the Maori house are different because the windows on the Maori house don't have glass fitted into the holes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    Nice work. The wharepuni is really quite similar to a normal house, just built for a different purpose. Have you been to a wharepuni before? It's a cool experience to be welcomed on and look at the beautiful carvings and architecture.

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alex
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. I wonder when the builders of the wharepuni didn't put glass in the space for windows, because if it rains, the people inside the wharepuni might get wet. Keep up the awesome work Alex.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.