Pages

Friday 6 November 2015

Time Out With Friends Recount

Alex

‘Yayy!!!!! I came 2nd’
Last sunday my brothers and I were picked up by Phoenix's Poppa and taken to the canoe carnival with Zane Phoenix and Paige. When we got there we had to find our group the wainui sea scouts. First we saw Tylar and then saw the rest of the group. Next we had to get signed up for the races I was in group 6 with Zane and Ricky and some other people from different groups. We had to wait a while for our turns but Ricky went first and then it was my turn.

I hopped into a canoe and got my oar ready and so when the man blew the horn I sped off like a bull charging through the woods. I went round the obstacle and turned back and sped to shore again but another boy was faster than me and overtook me but I didn’t care as long as I made it to the final’s. I was given a stick that said 2 on it and went up to the place where you tell the people what place you came. When I went to tell my brothers I said to them ‘Yayy!!!!! I came 2nd’ and I walked over to the food bag to eat something.

When I finished eating it was already time for the finalist’s to come and do their race and on my way there I saw Zane and asked him what place he came and he replied 1st. I said wow and ran past him to the lines but this time when my race went I came 4th. Zane did his one he came 3rd. When he did his race and finished we all got dried, changed and left.




The End

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.