Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Holiday Reading Challenge Day 4 Activity 2

Today I did the second activity for day four of the summer learning journey, for it I had to read about some Maori games and then choose one of them. After that I had to say what the name of it was, the goal of the game and then two of its rules.

I chose Ki O Rahi because I have played it before.
Goal: score points by getting the ball or whatever object is used for the game, team with the most points in the end is the winner.
Rules:
1: If you're in the inside circle you have to use the bridge to get out.
2: You have to hit the barrel in the middle of the circles to get points after you go around tapping the sticks sticking out of the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    My name's Ruby from the Summer Learning Journey team and I'm really exited to be blogging with you this summer! Looks like you have been doing well :)

    Good work with this activity. I like how you have laid out your thinking clearly. This game is lots of fun and you need lots of energy to play it! Have you played it before?
    I have played it a couple of times but I'm not very good at running so I wasn't very good at it. One of my friends was enjoying herself so much that she sprained her thumb trying to stop the other team from winning

    Did you like the sound of the other games? Which ones have you played before?

    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex
    Well done on completing this summer learning journey activity. Ki O Rahi sounds like a fun game. Who did you play it with before and did you find it fun? Keep up the awesome work Alex!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.