Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Holiday Reading Challenge Day 1 Activity 1

Today I did the first activity of day 1 for the Summer Learning Journey, for it I had to read a story and after that I then had to find three interesting facts and write them down in here.

1: Maui's brothers wouldn't let Maui go fishing with them.
2: When is brothers didn't give Maui and bait he just punched himself in the nose and bled onto the jawbone/hook, he then threw the hook out to the sea and caught a giant fish
3: After Maui had caught the fish his brothers got greedy and started to chop it up, the holes and hills that were cut later turned into New Zealand's green grass and country side.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex!

    It's great to have you back blogging with us for the Summer Learning Journey. I can see you've already done so many activities, nice work! I look forward to checking them out.

    I'm interested in your third fact as I haven't heard that one yet! I think the Maori legends are such an interesting way to look at the formation of Aotearoa...

    Can't wait to read more of your blog this summer :)

    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alex
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. Your facts about Maui are great. I wonder how angry Maui was when his brothers kept on refusing to let him fish with them. Keep up the amazing work Alex.
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.