Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Summer Reading Challenge


Good morning! It is Day #3 in your new country and, according to the local weather station, it is going to be cloudy and wet. Back home in New Zealand it is sunny and 28 degrees Celsius today.  It is a perfect summer day! Think about what you like to do in the summer time and complete one or more of these activities.

Day 7 Bonus Activity: In the summer, Curious Kiwi loves to go on long walks in the forest at night. He likes to hunt for animals and for food. What do your friends and family like to do in the summertime? Ask someone in your family or one of your friends what their favourite five things are to do in the summer time. On your blog, write the title ‘Summer Activities’ and then write a list of their favourite five activities. 
I asked my Mum
1. Camping
2. Going to the park
3. Going out with my family
4. Going for walks
5. Swimming in the pool/beach

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    Well done! You managed to complete another two activities on the final day of the Summer Learning Journey. That's wonderful!

    I hope that your mom was able to do each of her favourite activities this past summer. Did you family go camping or out to a park at all? I haven't been camping yet this summer but I have plans to go to Mangawhai in February and then to Tawharanui National Park in March. Have you ever been to Tawharanui? I would highly recommend it. It's so beautiful and there are four different beaches that you can use for swimming and for building sandcastles on. Aronui (my son) loves to build sandcastles and he also loves to bring his super soaker water guns and spray me with them!

    Ah, summer time is the best. Hope that you're having a spectacular summer. I will look forward to meeting you when I come into Panmure Bridge early in the school year to hand out participation certificates to students (including yourself) who have been part of the Summer Learning Journey. It's been a pleasure to blog with you! I hope that you will join our blogging programme again next year.

    Cheers,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Alex☺

    The Summer Learning Journey programme has now come to an end. Thank you so much for being involved this summer!

    Over the next few months I plan to review the programme. As part of the review process I am hoping to gather feedback from participants, just like you! To tell me what you think please log onto the Summer Learning Journey website and click on the ‘Feedback’ tab. It will take you to a short online form. Can you please fill it out? It should only take about 5 minutes. I’d love to hear what you think!

    I will also be coming into your school in a few weeks to hand out participation certificates. I am really looking forward to seeing you then!

    Thanks again for joining our Summer Learning Journey this year. I really hope that you join our holiday blogging programme again next summer.

    Cheers!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.