Pages

Friday 26 January 2018

Holiday Reading Challenge Week 4 Day 2 Bonus Activity

Today I did the bonus activity for the second day of the fourth week, for it I had to research one of nine dancing styles and then write down three interesting facts about it.

The dance that I chose to research is called the tango.

1. It originated from the 1880s.
2. The tango was originally danced in Argentina and Uruguay.
3. The tango is a dance that has influences from African, Native American and European culture.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Alex
    Good job on finishing this summer learning journey activity. Your facts about the tango are great. I had no idea that it included African, Native American and European culture. Keep up the excellent work Alex!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Alex,

    My name is Jordan and I'm the Kootuitui (Papakura, South Auckland) cluster manager for the Summer Learning Journey programme.

    Well done for completing this activity and for doing some research on the popular dance, the Tango. Isn't it cool how this dance has many different cultural influences? I also heard that men dance the Tango to propose to their partners. How cool is that?— a far cry from the traditional 'one knee' approach.

    Keep up the great work, Alex!

    Cheers,

    Jordan.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.