Pages

Tuesday 16 January 2018

Holiday Reading Challenge Week 3 Day 5 Activity 1

Today I did the first activity for the fifth day of the third week, for it I had to pretend that I was going to go hike the Tongariro Crossing and then list five things that I would take with me on my trip.

1. Food/Water.
2. Extra Clothing.
3. Tents.
4. Rope.
5. Lighters/matches.

I also had to learn about how to stay safe while hiking.

1. Plan the trip (Set courses, ask guides etc).
2. Tell someone close to you about where you're going.
3. Be aware of the weather.
4. Know your limits.
5. Take enough supplies.

2 comments:

  1. Kia orana Alex,
    my name is Cia. I am a Ako Hiko Summer Learning Journey commentator who will be working with various bloggers over the summer break.

    You’ve provided a great list of necessities to take with you on your hiking trip, had you thought about any other things you might add to the list? I really like the fact that you thought to include a checklist of safety tips, thank you for including it in your post, I can tell you really value your learning!

    Like you I’d take those five necessities in my backpack, but I’d also take a foldable chair for a relaxing rest stop and sunglasses to dim out the blinding sunlight. Has this given you any ideas? Let me know if you decide to add anymore items to your list.

    Great post, I look forward to reading more soon!

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alex
    Well done on finishing this summer learning journey activity. I never thought of bringing a tent. It would be incredibly useful if you got stuck out in the open at night. Keep up the superb work Alex!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.