Pages

Thursday 31 August 2017

Poem Conversation

LI to identify purposes for poems.
LI to identify characteristics of poems.
This week for inquiry the poetry group had to write their own poems, we could choose from Diamante, Cinquain, Limerick and Haiku. I chose to do Haiku, those who finished their poems quickly were allowed to do either a Haiku battle or a Haiku conversation. I chose to do a Haiku conversation with Julian, we didn't actually video it but we still wrote the Haiku's. We also had to add seasonal and emotional references.
We did this by using the emotions written on the whiteboard and also by thinking about what would go with anger.
Julian:
I’m aggravated,
I feel like smashing someone
They are like snowflakes.

Alex:
If they anger you,
Hesitate to assault them.
Cool off in the snow.

Alex:
Refrain from hurting,
They shall remember the pain
Hide the hate in snow.

Julian:
I shall not hurt them,
I feel exquisitely calm.

I’ll watch snowflakes fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.