Pages

Sunday 1 January 2017

Week 2 day 1 bonus activity

For this activity I had to translate these 5 simple phrases (Good morning, Goodbye, How much does this cost?, When is the next bus? and Where is the nearest hospital?) into one of these languages (Spanish, German, Malaysian, Japanese, Arabic or Afrikaans) and I chose German.

English
Good morning
Goodbye
How much does this cost?
When is the next bus?
Where is the nearest hospital?
German:
Guten Morgen
Auf Wiedersehen
Wie viel kostet das?
Wann fährt der nächste Bus?

Wo ist das nächste Krankenhaus?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,

    Great job with the translations. I have to apologise for the late commenting but this activity just appeared on my feed now.

    It's great to see that you chose German for the activity. I can see that you put the five phrases in order from 'Good morning' or 'Guten Morgen' through to 'Where is the next hospital?'

    While these are five really important phrases, can you think of any others that you might need to know while traveling? I have always found it helpful to be able to ask for directions in another language. What else would you like to be able to say in German?

    Nice job with the translations, Alex. Keep it up!

    Best,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex
    Awesome job on translating the English phrases into German. I think those phrases would be very useful if I went to Germany. Keep up the amazing work!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.