Pages

Thursday 23 November 2017

Maths Probability


LI: to compare and contrast a probability test with a statistical survey.
This week for maths we had to do a survey of everyone in the class, the surveys were on which number people chose, for me it was what number they chose from 1-8. After I'd asked everyone in the class to choose a number I wrote the results for every number down in my maths book. I surveyed 51 people in the class and 15 chose eight, 14 chose seven, 8 chose six, 7 chose five, 3 chose four, 1 chose three, 2 chose two and one person chose the number one. I then tested how many of each number I could get by rolling an eight sided die 50 times, the results were; 4 on one, 7 on two, 9 on three, 9 on four, 3 on five, 2 on six, 8 on 7 and 8 on eight. The percentage for a number to be chosen was 0.16%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.