Pages

Friday 7 December 2018

Leadership Speech

Today was the day that the year 7s presented their leadership speeches for the roles that they wanted for 2019, the role that I wanted to take was Head Boy but I also put my name forward for Maniakalani Leader. I think I said my speech well even though my voice was shaky.

Leader Speech
Talofa o lo’u ingoa o Alex. Hi, my name is Alex. I would like to be considered for both head boy and manaiakalani leader for 2019, both are positions that mean you need to be actively involved in school life. I have a history of this. Firstly I confidently share all my work on my blog, and currently have 908 posts. I have been a presenter at the Manaiakalani film festival and am often asked by others to help them with the digital side of their learning. I have joined most of the inter-school sports since I was in Year 4. I have represented our school at the Lego Into Orbit competition, I have taught students from Tamaki College how to digitally draw images, and I have placed in the top 3 in the Summer and Winter Learning Journeys for the past 2 years. By taking part in the holiday learning journeys I was already prepared for school when the holidays came to an end.

I have completed my confidence and respect silver CARE awards which mean that I have confidence in my learning and show respect to others. By the end of next year I will have all of my silver and gold CARE awards because as a student leader I know I will need to lead by example, and at Panmure Bridge School that means following our CARE values.

It would be an honour to be a leader in this school and I know that I have the ability to do so. Faafetai lava le afifio mai, thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.