Pages

Friday 16 March 2018

5 - 7 - 10

LI: To notice the language features of a description.
This week for writing one of our tasks was to do 5 - 7 - 10, for 5 - 7 - 10 the 5 represents five minutes of non-stop writing, the 7 represents seven minutes of talking and changing with a partner and for the last part (which is the 10) we were supposed to use the time to finish and polish the story. We were given the ideas for the story from a website that randomly shows a photo.

Getting Lost


There I was, tramping in the bush… spending hours and hours walking back a forth
and recording everything onto my map. Even after years of trying I’d never mapped
the whole thing. You might think that it was because I was lazy, but the real reason is
because it’s easy to get lost.


On this unfortunate day I was wandering around the deepest parts of the bush when I
was suddenly hit on the head by a falling log, instantly knocked unconscious. When
I woke up it was already dark and when I tried to turn my flashlight on it barely
flickered, the result was expected because I’d landed on it when I’d fallen. After
searching around for what seemed like an age I finally just gave up, falling over a
stone. Sending me sprawling.

After all of that my head was getting pretty sore, because when I tried to stand up I fell down again. Hurt but determined I rose up again but this time I tripped over some tree roots and rolled down a hill, landing inside of someone’s backyard. Seconds later a dog started barking and someone ran over to me and asked for the reason why I was in their property, and I replied with ‘I got lost’.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.