Pages

Saturday 31 December 2016

Week 1 day 5 activity 1

For this activity I had to recommend a book to curious kiwi.

The book I chose is called Magnus chase and the sword of summer.
The author of this book is Rick Riordan
This book is about a teenager called Magnus chase who is the son of the Norse god Frey, he lived on the streets until he broke into his uncle's house where his uncle explains what happened the night his mum died. then Randolph takes Magnus to find the sword of summer the one thing destined to cut the Fenris wolf's bonds will he stop Ragnarok from coming or will the world be destroyed?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Alex, this sounds like a real 'nail biter' of a book. I am really curious to know if the Sword of Summer will cut stop Ragnorak from coming or whether it will be unsuccessful and the world will be destroyed.

    Your description has really peaked my interest and made me want to run out to the store, buy the book and start reading it right now. Would you recommend 'Magnus Chase and Sword of Summer' for children as young as six? My son is 6 1/2 and I am always looking for books that he might enjoy. He can read chapter books but he gets a little bit scared if they are too dramatic or have villains who are too evil. What do you think? Would Aronui like this book?

    Keep up the great work with your blogging. I'm looking forward to reading your next post :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex, I read that book a little while ago, I loved it, and thought it was a great.
    Good Job,
    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alex
    Good to see you doing the Summer Learning Journey Challenge. I like the summary of what happens in the book. Well Done! Keep up the great work Alex.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.