Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

Recount Scaffold


Beginning - this includes your hook. Start your recount with an exciting beginning that captures your audience interest levels
Yahooooo! I said as I flew down the gigantic slide and right off the edge.
Ensure your recount covers the orientation: When, Where, Who, What, Why and How

Set your recount out in a clear logical order and in paragraphs

Write in the past tense

Use lots of adjectives - (describing words) personal thoughts and feelings

Language Features such as similes, metaphors, onomatopoeia

Use connectives
Day 1

My brothers and I had gone over to our granny’s house in Pukekohe for the holidays. So on the first morning after breakfast we rushed out and went to play on the slide but it was closed. I thought it was a  real tragedy and so we had to play on the flying fox. After a while we headed back for lunch. When we finished lunch we watched some TV and then went outside again. After 30 minutes we came back for a drink of water. We played for another hour but then it was getting dark so we had to go back inside. We had dinner and then we watched a movie and we went to bed.

Day 2

So on the next day we had breakfast, went out to play and….. The slide was still closed! We asked the man who was doing something to the slide how long it was going to take to finish doing whatever he was doing. He said he was almost finished waxing and cleaning the slide to make it more slippery so people could go down faster. It was in the afternoon when he finished and straight away my brothers and I were at the very top waiting for the man to unlock the giant padlock that was there. As soon as he opened the lock and lifted the cage thing I climbed in and Yahooooo! I said as I flew down the gigantic slide and right off the edge and ran all the way to the top again. When we came back for lunch we stayed inside for the rest of the day until night time when our dad and mum picked us up.
Conclusion
Sums up how you felt about the experience.


All in all I felt happy because we got to go down the slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.