Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

5-7-10 Favourite Cultural Celebration

Today as a 5-7-10, LS2 needed to write about their favourite cultural celebration. My favourite celebration is Christmas because of the presents, food and family gathering. Our learning intention for this was to use commas more often and in better places.


5-7-10 | Favourite Cultural Celebration (Christmas)

Let me tell you about my favourite cultural celebration. Christmas for me usually happens at my Granny’s house, she lives in Pukekohe, Auckland. We drive there on the day before Christmas and sleep over for the next few days.

Since my brothers and I aren’t allowed to open our presents until everyone’s awake, we usually have to wait a while. When everyone is awake and we’re unboxing our presents by the tree, there’s either a lot of, “Yay, I got something cool!” or “Uhh, what’s this?”.

The lunch on Christmas is always the best. There’s nothing like having a whole table full of delicious food, and being allowed to eat heaps of it. Big plates of beef, chicken, cake, trifle, pavlova and other dessert items are quickly wolfed down. My brothers, Thomas and Daniel, are like vacuum cleaners when it comes to food. My favourite Christmas was last year on Tuesday the 25th of December, 2018 because I got a remote control helicopter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.